Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Haibun

A Long Night

“A gang of gay bashers!” my friend cried out while yanking my girlfriend’s wrist on our way to a nightclub as they tread and trip on sidewalk hills. After finally grabbing a hold on my buddy pulling him out of the shadows calmly as possible, I told him that “No one is chasing us, let’s grab a taxi ok.?” Shaken, he finally agreed releasing the tight grip on my startled girlfriend who then points at a tornado forming in the sky with star clusters in its hole that I also see. “This is getting ridiculous!” My mind screamed while hailing for a ride. 

destination home
the cab fare I pay 
for half a block 


Fractled

Publishing Credits: The Other Bunny June 2019

Direct Link:


1 comment:

  1. A really fine and touching haibun, Fractled.
    Congratulations for the publication on "the other bunny"!

    ReplyDelete